I am surprised that the estimate of total number of specis would be so low as 1-1,5 million? My imression of Craig Venters ”sequencing of the oceans” that he already finds evidence for many more microbial species?
Köp boken här!
- Available recordings of ealier What is life? lectures at
- Tuesday December 5, 13.00. ”What is life” and PCM–program lecture Venue: Radiumhemmets Lecture hall Dirk Jäger Professor and Clinical Leader, NCT (Nationales Centrum für Tumorerkrankungen), DKFZ/University Hospital, Heidelberg How to individualize cancer treatment Host: Matthias Löhr & the PCM program at KI/K
- Wednesday November 29, 15.00 in ”What is life” and “Culture and Brain” series Venue: Wallenberg lecture hall, Nobel Forum, Nobels väg 1, KI Campus Patricia K. Kuhl Institute for Learning & Brain Sciences, NSF Science of Learning Center (LIFE, University of Washington, Seattle Language and the Infant Brain: Nature-Nurture Revisited Host: Hugo Lagercrantz
- What is life? The future of Biology, presents Friday August 25 at 13.00 (note time!) Wallenberg lecture hall, Nobel forum, Nobels väg 1 KI Campus Philipp Gunz, Max Planck Institute for Evolutionary Anthropology, Leipzig Dept. of Human Evolution The first of our kind. How fossils and genes force us to rethink the evolution of Homo sapiens Followed by discussion in smaller group at 14.15 –15.30 in meeting room next to lecture hall, Nobel Forum, KI Solna Campus. Hosts: Hugo Zeberg, Dept of Neuroscience and Ingemar Ernberg, MTC, K
- Thursday September 7 at 15.00 Inghe lecture hall, Widerströmska Huset, Tomtebodavägen 18a, KI Campus (NOTE NEW VENUE!) Lars G.M, Pettersson,Department of Physics, AlbaNova University Center, Stockholm University A Two-State Picture of Water and the Funnel of Life